Shutterfly Christmas Card

With Love Chartreuse Christmas Card
Shop Shutterfly for elegant custom Christmas photo cards.
View the entire collection of cards.

Friday, April 4, 2008

Rain, rain, go away...

What a miserable day! It rained just about the entire day. And it was a cold rain. The kind where you should just stay home and sleep. But, Friday is my favorite day, remember? So, I got the big kids off to school - after pumping Liv full of random Social Studies facts - and then had to go out to get flowers for Mary's teachers. Teacher Appreciation Week. We were late - of course. But then I was off to work! Dozens of little preschoolers were anxiously awaiting my arrival to learn a bit of Spanish. Los tres chivos van de vacation. Tienen diez libros en el tren. Gradios! Whatever. Thankfully, it went fairly fast today. I made a quick stop at JoAnne's - love that store! I went looking for hair ribbon for Mary and just had a wonderful time browsing through each aisle. I got two craft projects and some sewing stuff. I just hated that I had to leave so soon! But, poor little Mary - she was waiting to be picked up.

Joel called soon after we got home. His mom has taken a turn for the worse and he and Lisa decided to leave for Charlotte today. He said his mom was unresponsive. A difficult situation had gotten that much worse. My heart just broke for him. I have walked this path before, I know exactly how he feels. My mother became unresponsive just two days before she passed. I didn't understand the lack of urgency in getting on the road as soon as possible but I can't know how he is handling his grief. At this point in her journey, there is nothing left to do but rely on faith and hope. We have put our hope in the living God (1 Timothy 4:10). So, we are looking after their dog, cats and fish for the duration. *sigh* I will pray for their continued peace as they witness their mom/mother-in-law/grandmother pass into eternity. I know these days are hard but the days to come will be so much harder. {{Joel and Lisa}}

We went to visit Jay's dad yesterday. He was supposed to be moved to a private room so we were expecting to be able to see him. When we got there, he was still waiting for a room. Jay snuck Liv back there for a few minutes but the other two couldn't go back. We were able to visit with Carol, though. It was the first time that either kid saw her. Brother Joe showed up later and the kids had a great time playing with him. Jay wants to go back tomorrow to try again - this time we know he is in his own room. And he is supposed to be discharged on Sunday. Once he gets back to Jasper, we may seriously never see him again. Mary's game has already been cancelled because of the heavy rains today so we actually have the entire day free. We are going to try to make it to the Dogwood Festival - it's just down the street from the hospital so that will work out fine. I hope the Festival isn't rained out like it was today!

No comments: