Shutterfly Christmas Card

With Love Chartreuse Christmas Card
Shop Shutterfly for elegant custom Christmas photo cards.
View the entire collection of cards.

Saturday, April 5, 2008

My kids

As I was logging in to update this blog, I took a long look at the header picture. Those are some cute kids! I remember what fun we had that day. I look at their sweet faces and I immediately think of a million ways that they are different, yet somehow, as their arms are intertwined with each other, I am reminded of their very special sibling bond. I am grateful that there are three of them. Each will have two siblings to count on, each will share a distinct but special relationship with the other. How amazing is that? I can only pray that they will continue to be as close, even closer, in the future and that they will always realize that above all else, they are family and nothing is more special.

Okay - on with the blogging!

What a treat to be able to sleep in this morning! It rained all night long. As I was stirring awake this morning, I heard the soft sound of a light drizzle. Ahhhhh...it lulled me right back to sleep. I heard movement downstairs, no voices but I did hear the tv. I looked over at Jay - still snoozing away. Perfect. I knew the kids would be hungry soon so I went downstairs to make some pancakes (an absolute cinch with my handy dandy family sized griddle!). Breakfast was ready in no time. It was uncharacteristically quiet at the breakfast table. Hmmmm.... And then it hit me...Mary was still asleep! The little dynamo was still resting so she would have all her energy to drive us crazy for yet another day! Bless her!

Jay took Alex and Mary to see his dad at the hospital. It was their first time meeting their grandfather. Jay says it went well and that they had a nice visit. He took them to the Varsity afterwards for lunch. This left me and Liv home alone. We decided to out for our own special lunch together. It was very nice! I don't often get to spend time alone with her but we did today and it was wonderful. She is a great kid. I took her to her friend's birthday party after lunch. I got my instructions to pick her up in two hours and I was off to get a mani/pedi. Bliss. My toes are so thankful! They look ready to wear those cute new sandals I bought weeks ago when I thought spring had sprung. Who knew that we would continue to have winter like weather? Maybe tomorrow....I hope!

I have lots of plans for Spring Break - I hope I get to do half of them. It's beginning to look like the one week off isn't nearly enough! I don't know when I'll find the time to go to the gym next week since everyone will be home. I'll have to make the time and just force the troops to go with me. Yeah right...easier said than done.

No comments: