Shutterfly Christmas Card

With Love Chartreuse Christmas Card
Shop Shutterfly for elegant custom Christmas photo cards.
View the entire collection of cards.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Jay's Dad

Jay got a call from his brother last night telling him that their dad had gone to the ER again. He has a history of heart problems and recently had a procedure done. Long story short, he has a staph infection in his aorta. Yikes. He had major surgery today - they cleaned out the nasty infection, replaced a valve, put a graft in his aorta - I hope I got all that right. The surgery took about 7 hours; Jay called just a few minutes ago to let me know that his dad made it out of surgery and would remain intubated until tomorrow. They expect him to be in the ICU for the rest of the week. Jay was able to stay up there all day to make sure his dad came out of it okay. I know he had been super worried. Up until now, all his dad's problems had been fixable. With this recent crisis, I guess we all wondered...how much longer can they keep patching him up? Well, I guess at least once more. PTL.

1 comment:

melanie, aka Mo said...

sorry to read about the health problems! I didn't go to the Dogwood festival today, because I went to IKEA for 5 hours! I hope I didn't screw up and the weather be awful tomorrow. I plan to go tomorrow. I am staying in Lawrenceville. Thanks for signing my blog. Melanie