Shutterfly Christmas Card

With Love Chartreuse Christmas Card
Shop Shutterfly for elegant custom Christmas photo cards.
View the entire collection of cards.

Monday, April 7, 2008

Spring Break Day #1

My dad invited the kids to come and spend the night with him tonight. What was that? A night alone with my husband? Could it be? Oh my! Somehow this always happens...our night alone turns into a big night out with all of our friends! But that's okay because that is always fun too. We went out to dinner with Tara and Phil, Natalie and Allen, Julie and Joe. It was SO good to see Julie and Joe because I haven't been out with them in forever. Their kids are in Florida so they were able to comply with the only rule of the night - NO KIDS ALLOWED!!! The rest of the week is about them, Jay has even taken two days off this week to do fun things with the kids, so I didn't feel bad at all.

I had to go next door and take care of the animals today. I took Mary with me and I am so glad that I did. She knew exactly what I was supposed to do and where everything was. Thanks Mary! The kids packed their bags and we headed into town to Papi's house. I checked out some movies to see if maybe he would feel like taking the kids. Luckily I found Nim's Island playing very close to his house. After lunch, I left them and headed to Lynnette's house to pick her up. Today was her birthday and I had not seen her in months - literally like eight months! So since I had to drive down to the airport, I asked her if she wanted to come along. It was a fun way to pass the time on the road! Thanks Lynnette! I got to hear all about her new boyfriend and all the news with her family. I picked Melinda up from the airport (she was on her way back from Mexico) and I took her home. By that time it was almost 5:00 and I had just enough time to call Jay to let him know about our plans.

We went to Longhorn's - and I didn't eat chicken! It was all good! Thank God for good friends and being able to spend time with them!

No comments: