Shutterfly Christmas Card

With Love Chartreuse Christmas Card
Shop Shutterfly for elegant custom Christmas photo cards.
View the entire collection of cards.

Monday, April 21, 2008

Sad

I got the saddest news this afternoon.

Vicki T., called me and told me that Patrick had turned in his resignation to Seth today. The public announcement will be made on Wednesday but she didn't want me to be blindsided by it. I really appreciated the thought but honestly - I was still blindsided! It wouldn't have been easy to hear anytime though. He has accepted a position at his previous church in Ohio. Both his and Terri's family (and their oldest son) is in Ohio so it makes perfect sense. He is leaving the music ministry and taking an executive pastoral position. I don't know anything about anything but from what Vicki said, it sounds like he would be well suited for this job. But geez, I can't imagine a day at MCCC w/out Patrick there. He came to see me at the hospital when I had my hernia surgery. Terri brought us dinner afterwards. Chase is my Chase. He totally humored Mary and her attitude. He loved on Alex and acted like he actually understood his conversation. The choir - where do I start with the choir? I have never enjoyed anything as much as I have enjoyed singing in the choir. I will never forget that day in 06 when Patrick made me stand up in the gym in front of everyone at a pep rally/basketball game and made me commit to being in the Living Tree that Christmas. I liked the tree so much that I participated in it the next year too. Along w/ Olivia, Alex and Mary. And Mexico? What can I say about Mexico? I have learned so much from him by seeing him in action on two mission trips to Mexico. He embodies all the greatest spiritual
traits, he knows so much about so many things.



I could go on and on. Just suffice it to say that this was a sad day for me. I will miss the entire family, both at church and outside of church. It just won't be the same.

No comments: