Shutterfly Christmas Card

With Love Chartreuse Christmas Card
Shop Shutterfly for elegant custom Christmas photo cards.
View the entire collection of cards.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday

Everyone was home today for Good Friday. We were able to sleep a little late and just relax. I'm glad that the kids did not have school today so they could realize the significance of the day. We talked a lot about what Good Friday means and they all seemed to really get it. Especially Alex. He sounds like a mini preacher when he talks about it. I am proud of how well versed my children are in Scripture and in Biblical history. They are so much more knowledgeable than I ever was at their age - even until I was an adult! We never even had a Bible in our house when I was growing up so I know no one studied it. I wish Alex and Mary could have had the benefit of going to a Christian school like Olivia did but I am glad that we are raising them to go to church and Sunday School every Sunday.

We treated the kids to lunch at McDonald's today. It may not sound like a big deal but we have not eaten at McDonald's for a LONG time. We have been trying to not eat out at all if we can help it - especially not at McD's. The kids were able to play and have a good time. We saw a couple of Alex's friends there and Ashlyn met us there to play with Mary. Olivia went to her friend Addie's house to spend the night. We will pick both of them up tomorrow after Mary's 9:00 game to head out to the egg hunt at Mount Carmel. Jay and I are both set to work some of the games tomorrow. I baked some stuff for the cake walk today. I made 6 chocolate chip loaves of bread, one large pound cake, and 6 lemon poppy seed muffins. I hope people will enjoy the baked goods - I made them with love!

No comments: