Shutterfly Christmas Card

With Love Chartreuse Christmas Card
Shop Shutterfly for elegant custom Christmas photo cards.
View the entire collection of cards.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

Beware the Ides of March! Mine was the last birthday in our family for a while. Nothing until July when Mary turns 5! It was a great day, even if historic tornados ripped through Atlanta the night before and the day of. We woke up early (since all three kiddos were sleeping in our room because of the storm) and Olivia made us a delicious pancake breakfast. I'm so proud of her! She did a great job! Jay went to the Men's Prayer Breakfast at church and really enjoyed himself. At noon, Mary had a soccer game - it was cold and very windy. After the game, we went home to wait out the horrendous storms that were all over town. At about 5:00 I went to church to help set up for Music for Mexico. We had popcorn, candy, drinks, and slushy drinks. It turned out really well. This was a fundraiser for our mission team that is going to Mexico this summer. Olivia sang a solo - Once Upon a December from Anastasia - and did a fabulous job! She also sang I Just Can't Wait To Be King (Queen) with several other girls. The entire team sang two Spanish songs - Levanta tu casa and Pasa por aqui. It was a great success! I was happy to see my entire family show up. I don't know if they donated any money but I hope they did. Lisa and Ashlyn came - I was grateful for their presence there!

Today, Alex made his big acting debut at church. He and three other boys performed a drama in the big Sanctuary. He did great! We were so proud! Alex said he was very nervous beforehand but he still managed to make the audience laugh when they were supposed to. Way to go Bubby!

We went to our neighborhood Easter Egg hunt today. Stacey hosted it as usual and the kids had a great time. Olivia found one of the prize eggs (bucket of chalk) and the kids had lots of snacks and candy. Fun. I came home and cleaned like a mad woman. It doesn't take much for the entire house to completely fall apart. I did multiple loads of laundry and managed to clean my room and my bathroom. They were that dirty that it took all afternoon! But they both look great now and I am happy! Tomorrow I will hit the downstairs.

It never ends!

No comments: