Shutterfly Christmas Card

With Love Chartreuse Christmas Card
Shop Shutterfly for elegant custom Christmas photo cards.
View the entire collection of cards.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'm blue...

*Sigh*

I'm trying hard to act normal but life is anything but normal right now. I am kind of in shock and trying to keep it all at arm's length but that can't go on for much longer. Auntie is sick. She is very sick. My brother and I are the next of kin and my brother isn't very much interested in the situation. Thank God for my dad. He has been running this show since the beginning and is trying to figure out how to do the best thing for all of us. My heart just breaks thinking about my aunt. I never thought it would be like this. I just thought she would go quietly when her time came. And now here we are. She can no longer live alone. She will have to have rehabilitation. She will need long term care. Physically - she seems to be okay. Getting better and will probably be able to walk, talk, dress and feed herself. Her mind is what worries me. She is disoriented, confused, easily agitated, she is definitely a handful. And forgetful. I have been unable to think of much else since last week. All I can do is pray that the right choices will be made clear to us and that we will have a peace about the decisions we have to make.

School is out for summer! Can you hear the song playing in your head? We have been trying to have fun. There's been lots of swimming going on! Alex is already super tan - the girls aren't far behind. Mary has picked up her swimming right where she left off last summer. It is so exciting to see her swim back and forth. Of course Liv is a very strong swimmer - she never had a lesson in her life but she just learned on her own. My dad came up yesterday to take us out to lunch. We went to Zaxby's and then to Bruster's to have ice cream. It was a good day. Before that we went to Tribble Mill Park for a nature walk. We went off the trail and got lost so the adventure lost a bit of its charm because it took a bit longer to get where we wanted to be but all in all, we had a good time. We saw a deer run right by us and a snake snuck up on us too. It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed it. I wish I had taken the camera...

No comments: