Shutterfly Christmas Card

With Love Chartreuse Christmas Card
Shop Shutterfly for elegant custom Christmas photo cards.
View the entire collection of cards.

Monday, May 5, 2008

Oh, hello there!

Where have you been? You mean where have I been? Honestly? I've no idea what's been going on. I don't think there's been anything newsworthy to blog about. Life is life. Last week we had some wonderful weather and it was great for the kiddos to all be outside until we had to absolutely drag them in. Friday night we sat out in Lisa's driveway and the kids played and played and played. They didn't have toys but they managed to amuse themselves for about 4 hours. When Ashlyn and Mary were rolling down the hill, I couldn't help thinking to myself, "oh, to be four years old again!" What fun that would be! Mary was filthy when we went in and had to have a good soak in the tub. That little girl can get dirtier than any little boy I've seen! But she has a great time doing it too.

Wendy came to see Mary's game on Saturday. Can you say disaster? Addie was over to hang with Liv and Mary just loves, loves, loves Addie. So Mary wanted Addie all to herself and didn't feel like playing soccer. She flapped around the field so much I ended up calling her Flaperella. Ugh. I just love it when my kids show out in front of my friends. Later that day, we went to meet my dad, uncle, and my brother's family for dinner. There were 11 of us total and it went very well. My dad says if he doesn't invite my brother and his family out to eat, he would never get a chance to see Hannah. Sad but true.

I was blessed to be able to sing in the choir on Sunday. I had not been to a rehearsal in weeks because of VBS planning but I took a look at the music during Sunday School and decided to give it a whirl. It was great! I am really going to miss singing in the choir when Patrick leaves. But who knows? I may just keep on singing with the new music minister. I had a Women's Leadership Team meeting immediately after worship and we were invited to join the Visitor's luncheon - fabulous food provided by the Boone's - and then we retired to the Legacy Room for our meeting. We are busy preparing for the Mother's Day Event this weekend - we are having a baby shower honoring the Atlanta Pregnancy Resource Center. It should be a wonderful event and we are expecting a great turnout.

Today was Monday - you know I love my Mondays! I went to the 9:45 Pump class and then hit the Wal Mart afterwards to do some grocery shopping. We finally have food! Unfortunately, I was out of just about all my cleaning things. And paper towels, tp, napkins, soap, etc. Pantry is stocked now.

The End of Year Shakedown is in full swing. Coach's gift is taken care of. Now we are on to teachers. 5 teachers. Yikes.

No comments: