Shutterfly Christmas Card

With Love Chartreuse Christmas Card
Shop Shutterfly for elegant custom Christmas photo cards.
View the entire collection of cards.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Well, today was the big day. The day I had been waiting for. Breakfast in bed, flowers, candy, gifts galore, extra special treatment all day long.

NOT!

There was no breakfast in bed. Hell, there was no breakfast period. No flowers. No candy. I did get a gift (and I did love it), but no special treatment. In fact, I spent most of the day alone, bored, flipping channels. Now Jay, he had a great time. He and Alex went to a movie together. I did tell him he could go but only if he took all the kids. He didn't. We went out to lunch -but we always go out to lunch after church. Dinner? No, there was no dinner. Jay, you owe me a make up day bigtime.

The weather is weird. It was beautiful but extremely windy. Weird windy. And it's still weird windy. We have a lot of trees and they were very bendy today! I was a little worried. Keeping my fingers crossed...

We had a great lesson in Sunday School. Patrick is such a good teacher. Who knows who is going to take his place, whoever it is, it just won't be the same. The sermon was preceeded by a little Cherub Choir treat. Mary outdid herself. She looked pissed off the entire time she was on the stage. I video taped it but don't really feel like I need to share it with anyone. It was very disappointing. I wish she wouldn't act like that. I wish she would at least try. I wish she didn't have an attitude a mile wide. I wish she would just act normal for a change. Sometimes it's cute, it's funny, it's endearing...NOT TODAY! It was annoying.

Yesterday, I took Mary to her friend Aiden's party. She is very particular about who's party she goes to. It was very nice see her actually interacting with the kids. She actually gets along well with the kiddos in her class. It's a different side of her. It was nice to see.

Mother's Day is still hard for me. It's hard to hear all the hoopla and have absolutely no one to think about on this day. I didn't have to worry about what to get my mom, I didn't have to worry about carving out time to go and see her, I didn't have to take her out to lunch. It sucked. It's the worst holiday of the year for me. It's the one where her absence is all the more pronouced. Because it's Mother's Day and I don't have a mother anymore. Will I ever get used to that?

No comments: