Shutterfly Christmas Card

With Love Chartreuse Christmas Card
Shop Shutterfly for elegant custom Christmas photo cards.
View the entire collection of cards.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Missed Post and Election News

I could have sworn that I posted something yesterday. Did I imagine it? Does this negate the whole NaBloPoMo? Hope not. I'll keep going anyway.


Okay, yesterday was Election Day. I was able to go at 7am to vote, since Jay kindly offered to stay home w/ the kiddos so I could go out. It took 2 hours and 15 minutes to get through the line. But it wasn't bad - it was very organized, the people were calm and chatty. The time just passed easily. I woke up thinking (hoping) we would have one President and went to bed with the realization that we indeed have another one. Not the one I would have chosen. Really the two choices were not stellar by any means but I feel like the (R) candidate was the better of the two. For many reasons. I won't go into all of them now but I'm sure I wasn't alone. I think the (D) candidate is dangerous. Not so much him per se but his following. KWIM? But I do have to agree with just about everyone that there was a definite need for change. CHANGE. Too bad McCain couldn't have coined that phrase first. Even though he is (R) I believe he wanted change too. Any idiot has to be able to see that we as a nation are a sinking ship. And we need to be rescued. I can only pray that now our leader will realize this and do his very best to bring about the help. Let's move away from the rhetoric, the slogans, the charismatic speeches. Let's see some action. I won't go so far as to say OBAMA ROCKS (like I saw on some blogs today) because I don't think he does. He's only been in national politics for 3 years! But I will say that anyone who is willing to take on the job he now has, well, more power to you!


And that's all I have to say about that.







The kids and I had the day off from school. We went to the library, shopping, we went out to eat, we drove around taking fabulous fall pictures...it was all good until the "Chick-fil-A incident". No need for details but let's just say that when we got home, EVERYONE had to go to their rooms. :)


The leaves have turned and the colors are absolutely breathtaking. I especially like the bright red trees that are side by side with the evergreens. What a contrast! And we enjoyed the trees that were red on top and just a vibrant yellow on the bottom.















Our neighborhood just looks amazing right now. I would love to take a drive up into the mountains. We just may do that anyway. We should have done that yesterday! But I guess we wouldn't have had time - Alex had tae kwon do after all. He has a friend in the class named Jake. After class was over, Jake invited Alex to go and have a Smoothie with him. It was so cute!!! Then he got invited to Jake's birthday party at Master Choi's. That should be interesting.


Last night was Lisa's final baby shower. Finally! It was the Bonko shower and it turned out really nice. The food was good, the company was good. We stayed late just talking. I just really didn't want to come home and see the election results because they weren't looking good from early on in the evening.

Today is Wednesday. That meant a day full of preschoolers (ugh!) and church this evening. I hope the kids don't have a lot of homework.



No comments: