Shutterfly Christmas Card

With Love Chartreuse Christmas Card
Shop Shutterfly for elegant custom Christmas photo cards.
View the entire collection of cards.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

It was a good day.

We have just gotten home from a loooong day at church. It was my turn to provide dinner for the Youth Group (did I already mention that?) and so I decided to make it at the church. After worship, we went out to lunch with a bunch of people - tried a new restaurant and it was pretty good. After that, we went back to church because I had choir practice. The kids stayed in the Youth Room and played. They have all kinds of video games and Alex loves to hang out there. I made Hobo Stew and it turned out great. Wendy helped me by bringing salad and bread. We have a crock pot full left over so we have lunch and dinner for a few days. Yuuuummmmm!

I am glad that today was a busy day and that I had lots to be thankful for. Tonight I am thankful for my family, I am thankful for my church family, I am thankful for the many opportunities to serve. I am thankful for all the people that care for me and about me. Thank you Lord for your provision, even today, and for always knowing exactly what I need and when I need it. Today I am thankful for the season of grief that you gave me so that I could clearly see how you carried me when I was too weak to stand on my own. I am thankful for the way and the timing in which you revealed yourself to me. You gave me a new song to sing and I am grateful!

Congratulations to Jay for being nominated and voted a Deacon in our church! Wow, I am married to Deacon Jay!

No comments: