Shutterfly Christmas Card

With Love Chartreuse Christmas Card
Shop Shutterfly for elegant custom Christmas photo cards.
View the entire collection of cards.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Goodbye 07 and hellooooo 2008! I can only pray that this year will be an awesome year for our family. 2007 wasn't the best (we won't get into that now!) but it was also full of some very good times for us. The beginning of last year found me and the kids in Bolivia - we spent 22 wonderful days there over their Christmas break. It was the first time I had been there since my mom died and I thought it would have been extremely difficult for me. Surprisingly, it wasn't. It was a peaceful time full of a lot of laughs, a lot of memories, and a whole lot of love. It will never cease to amaze me how I have this huge extended family over there and I can not see them for years and years, but the second I go back for a visit, it is almost as if I had never left. It is almost like home. I loved, loved, loved it. And I loved being able to share all of that with my kids. They were able to realize how lucky they are to be a part of two completely different cultures. They adapted well and have many great memories of their trip.

Last night we celebrated here with some friends - Tara and Phil, Natalie and Allen - and all of their kids. We missed Lisa and Joel but Ashlyn was sick and Joel had to work. We ate, drank, and played games. I love Game Night! All of the kids managed to stay up until midnight, there was the unfortunate "Truth or Dare" incident (LOL), and we had a pretty good fireworks show at midnight. All in all a good evening.

I can't wait to see what 2008 will bring to our family!

No comments: