Shutterfly Christmas Card

With Love Chartreuse Christmas Card
Shop Shutterfly for elegant custom Christmas photo cards.
View the entire collection of cards.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

More Snow

Well, I really didn't believe the weather man when he said it was going to snow again today. The kids were all set to spend the night at my dad's Friday night but since there was a threat of inclement weather, we postponed it. We woke up this morning to...nothing! It was damp, cold, but there was absolutely no snow. Soon after it started drizzling. Then I heard sleet....could it be? I was cleaning the kitchen as I looked out the window and saw some of the biggest, fattest snowflakes falling! I waited until it was snowing pretty hard before I called the kids' attention to the window. They were so excited but smart enough to wait until there was actually some on the ground before they went outside to play. We dug out the gloves, mittens, scarves, hats and out we went. It was fun, fun, fun!






We played until we couldn't feel our fingers anymore and then Mary went to Ashlyn's to play while we all went inside to get warm and dry. The day involved lots of changes of clothes! We had just gotten comfy when Tara called to let me know that the boys' soccer game had not been canceled and we had 30 minutes to get there. It was snowing pretty hard at that point but the streets were absolutely fine. No accumulation and no frozen spots. So that was a first for us - a soccer game in a snowstorm! (note: it was INDOOR soccer!!!) It is supposed to freeze over tonight so I am certain that I won't go out tomorrow. Praise God for the snow/rain but hopefully it will be a calmer, quieter day than today was!