Shutterfly Christmas Card

With Love Chartreuse Christmas Card
Shop Shutterfly for elegant custom Christmas photo cards.
View the entire collection of cards.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Well, everyone in the blogging world must be writing a Father's Day post. I've always been a follower and not a leader. Here goes...

Happy Father's Day to all the dad's in my life! We celebrated FD yesterday for Jay because I knew that today would be crazy. The day started with my first attempt at making biscuits and gravy. Don't get too excited - they were canned biscuits. I've never made homemade biscuits and I'm not about to start now. Canned are good enough for me! The gravy though - that's a different story. Totally from scratch. And I must say it turned out pretty good! Jay had a second helping so that says something. I also made sausage, scrambled eggs, bacon (for the boy), and grits. It was a monster breakfast. At least we didn't have to worry about lunch! I think Jay enjoyed it. The kids gave him their present (picked out by all three and wrapped by Liv) - he got a new watch. Very nice watch. The only requirement was that it had to have a bezel. He took it to be sized today and has been wearing it like a good daddy.

Lynnette came over last night and we were able to hang out for several hours. We went to get ice cream and then she had to go with me as I did my grocery shopping for today. It didn't matter what we did though, it was good to catch up.

Today was my first time teaching the new curriculum at church. And of course I looked at it for the first time this morning right before we left the house. But, it always turns out just fine (thank you Lord!). Gerry did her Large Group drama which was basically the entire lesson. All I had to do was sing a little, ask a few questions, and work with my small group. Cake. Melinda came to play her guitar for us which is always nice.

We came home to get ready for our big dinner/late lunch. Dad came and brought a whole mess of steaks and potatoes. I baked the taters, Jay grilled the steaks, I added grilled corn, salad and BEANS to the mix. It was fabulous. But no one ate the beans dammit! I sent some home with Renee - that's all they need over there...a dozen cats, a Cujo, and gassy family members. Great.
My dessert went over great. Dad said it was a 9 on a scale of 1 to 10. Mom had the 10. Fred was absolutely disgusting and ate at least 4 helpings. Damn!

So now Hannah is here keeping Mary busy. I will send them to bed very soon so they can get their beauty rest. As for me...I am off for my first Icee Pop of the day. Happy Father's Day!!!!

No comments: