Shutterfly Christmas Card

With Love Chartreuse Christmas Card
Shop Shutterfly for elegant custom Christmas photo cards.
View the entire collection of cards.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

This and that

Thankfully, Mary's illness was just a 24 hour bug. She had a fever, slept all afternoon, vomited once, and woke up the next day wide open. No sign of sickness left! Definitely a big praise there.

Jay? Now that's another story. He was "sick"all through the weekend, though he managed to participate in all of our activities. He stayed home "sick" Monday and Tuesday, finally went to the doctor on Tues afternoon - official diagnosis: sore throat. So back to work he went today! Men are such wimps.

Livi started tutoring with Mrs. Parker on Tuesday. She seemed to do well. Turns out Mrs. Parker lives in our neighborhood and has offered to bring Liv home after tutoring. Very nice! So for $35/hr we get tutoring and a chaffeur. Still a bit pricey if you ask me. But we can't let the little girl get a bad Math grade, can we?

There was bad weather around here today. Lot's of tornados, rain, etc. The worst part was watching the "Severe Weather Watch" on the tickertape news. It drove me into a panic wondering if I should go and get my kids out of school and bring them home. Luckily, the weather died down and Iwas able to relax. Mary's field trip was canceled though. I was going to take her to work with me after the field trip but now there was no need. Instead I met with Ruth Anne Fellows - a lady I met through Mrs. Depue who needed some help with Spanish translation. It was a lot of work but I'm glad to be done with it. I think preparing adoption papers for an international adoption is a little above my translation abilities. I wished her good luck and I hope she doesn't feel the need to call me again!

We met McKennah at story time at the library the other day. Mary and McKennah get along so well. I just wish McKennah would come and play here for awhile. I know she will eventually.

Diana Thomas was baptized tonight. Congratulations! It was wonderful to watch and to see her evolution as she has grown in her faith. It inspired me to continue praying about being baptized myself. I haven't been yet. Well, I was as a baby but I know now that infant baptism is not scriptural. The bible clearly says, "Repent and be baptized" in Acts 2:38. Infants cannot repent!
Alex has been asking a lot of questions about being baptized. I need to learn how to speak to him about it - I ask him questions and he answers correctly but I still wonder if he GETS it, kwim? I think it would be so moving and meaningful to see one of my children being baptized. I just thought it would be Olivia first. But I know she will do it when she feels led to.

Bonko was last night - Fun as usual! I am so glad that I am now a permanent member of the group because it is such a fun group. The gifts were from Victoria's Secret - I got a consolation prize which was some Vanilla scented lotion. Don't tell but I have already re-gifted it! I gave it to my Secret Pal at work. It was just packaged so prettily and looked so nice. I hope my SP enjoyed it.

That's all for now! Adios!

No comments: