Shutterfly Christmas Card

With Love Chartreuse Christmas Card
Shop Shutterfly for elegant custom Christmas photo cards.
View the entire collection of cards.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Oh Olivia

It's always something with that girl!

Liv has had a weird rash on her arms and her legs and perpetually flushed cheeks. I looked up her symptoms on the internet and found several possibilities as to what she could have. The most likely one was Fifths Disease. The rash is characteristic, as are the flushed cheeks. The weird thing about it is that according to the web, if an adult gets this, there is usually a lot of joint pain and swelling. That's exactly what I had a week ago! The weird arthritic condition! So I probably had it and passed it on to Liv. The bad thing about it is that Liv had her first tutoring session with Mrs. Parker last week - well, Mrs. Parker is very pregnant and FD is dangerous for pregnant women. The doctor said she is probably fine but I still sent an email to her to let her know what was going on. So, there is no treatment, no medication, nothing that can be done for her until it runs its course and passes. It's an after the fact diagnosis so she is no longer contagious.

The school nurse called so I went to pick her up. We went home for her to have lunch and then I had to work out a plan for everyone so I could take Liv to a 2:30 doctor's appointment. We picked up Mary and then had to go and check out Alex (I tried to find someone to get him off the bus but I couldn't), and then we headed to the peds office. We ended up getting home just as the bus was coming down the street. Oh well, who could have known? It usually takes us hours at the doctor's office.

So, add this one to the books....Fifths Disease.

No comments: