Shutterfly Christmas Card

With Love Chartreuse Christmas Card
Shop Shutterfly for elegant custom Christmas photo cards.
View the entire collection of cards.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Just Do Math!

Why is math so hard for some kids?

Every day it is a struggle when it comes time to do Math homework. And tomorrow there is a Math test. Livi forgot to bring her math book home. How do you study for a test if you left the darn book at school? Does that mean that she wasn't even going to try? Is it so far down on her list of priorities that she couldn't remember to bring it home? Ok, so we didn't have the book but we had all the weeks homework. We could practice right? Practice makes perfect, right? Well, after I suggested that, all I heard for the next hour was whining, crying, and complaining. Back in the day (did I really just say that?), if I had homework - I did it. If I had a test - I studied AND I got a good grade. If I needed to study - I brought the book home. No questions. I was expected to just do math! I could have whined and cried but no one at home would have cared a bit. And I know no one would have gotten me a tutor if I was having trouble! So Liv,we just want you to do well. We would never ask you to do something we didn't think you were capable of. You are so smart - you just have to be careful and take your time with your work. We know you can do it! And Lord, please put the right words in my mouth when I'm dealing with Liv. Please guide and direct me and show me the right way to deal with her. Let the patience flow!

No comments: