Shutterfly Christmas Card

With Love Chartreuse Christmas Card
Shop Shutterfly for elegant custom Christmas photo cards.
View the entire collection of cards.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I love Bobby Flay's Throwdown. He is so funny - and I just love his personality. Did I tell you that I know Bobby Flay personally? Well, I met him once. Okay, I was at the Dallas airport with him. Alright, alright...I was at the airport and he walked by. So no personal connection but I still claim it! There's nothing wrong with that!

Life is just chugging along. School, work, church, home. Tomorrow night is the last night of the trifecta party planning that I got myself into this week. Lisa's baby shower was Sunday. It all turned out great. I'm a little sorry for all the grumbling I did about there being so many showers and this one really didn't matter. It did matter. It was for my friend. And I think it turned out very special. Natalie and Tara cohosted with me and we each contributed to the food and drink. We had chicken salad, ham/cheese tortes, mini brownies, cheese dip, veggie tray, cheese/olive/sausage tray, cream cheese/pepper jelly spread....and a cake. Natalie made a diaper cake w/ firetruck decorations all over it. It was adorable. I had my reservations about the cake but I shouldn't have worried - Natalie is very creative and crafty. With all the planning going on, I totallly forgot to buy a gift. Imagine! So Tara and I went out Saturday night and tried desperately to find something - anything with firetrucks and firemen on it. It was really hard. We stressed ourselves out. We finally made a purchase and then we went home to start cooking. I was happy with the turnout, I was happy with everything. The "gang" ended up staying until about 7pm. We were just chatting and laughing - just having a good time. Jay had to leave to go and pick up Liv from her small groups. It was a good night.

Tuesday (last night) was Bonko. It was my first time hosting and I wanted it to be special. I chose a Food Network theme and I was able to find a line of FN stuff at Kohls (the day I saw it, they were having a one day sale!! It was fabulous!). I got cookbooks all over town - wherever I could fine cheap ones - but they had to be FN chefs. I cooked the Barefoot Contessa's Cheddar Corn Chowder and it was wonderful!!!! I found a Sangria recipe so we had that too. It was definitely happy juice. I was pleased. I still have two card tables in my family room.

Tomorrow night is Unity. I am not hosting it but I am signed up to bring refreshments. Wendy and I decided on a few things to bring and I will pick her up at 6pm. I'm not really cooking anything but I still have to prepare platters. After that - no more parties! For a while anyway.

Work is going well. I have been able to stay about a week ahead with my lesson plans (which is pretty good I think!) and I have been giving tests like crazy. Good except that now I have lots to grade. The kids are all good kids and they are a lot of fun to teach. I am still struggling with my preschoolers because the room I use doesn't have any chairs so the kiddos are very wiggly. That always causes problems. I am hoping that a solution reveals itself soon and that it will all work out well.

I found out today that my dad is planning on travelling to Bolivia on the 21st or so. That is quickly approaching. I can't believe that he will be gone for six months! I think that's the longest time he will have been away. I'm not sure I like it. It will be hard to not see him but I know he is looking forward to seeing his family.

No comments: