Shutterfly Christmas Card

With Love Chartreuse Christmas Card
Shop Shutterfly for elegant custom Christmas photo cards.
View the entire collection of cards.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Success!

Our first week at school was a success. The kids all enjoyed the start to the new academic year and I managed to stay employed at my new job. I worked three days this week (and yesterday I had only one class) and it all went well. I learned a lot about everything. I see how I'm going to have to do things differently for some classes and how others will just be easy peasy. But in general, they are all good kids and it will be a good year.

Liv LOVES middle school. She has made a ton of new friends, she has old friends in her homeroom, she has made new friends on the bus. She is going to join the orchestra and the running club. Wow! That sounds great! She is still reading like a madwoman and we can't seem to stop that but I guess we could have worse problems.

Alex is satisfied with his class. He has his friend David in class with him which is great and he seems to like the dynamics of the class. They did a bunch of assessments the first week so there wasn't much work going on. But he is happy and that's what counts.

Mary is a rock star! She loves kindergarten! I could not have asked for this experience to go any better. She is excited to go, loves her teacher, and has new friends. She loves to eat in the cafeteria and prefers to buy a lunch over getting a packed lunch. She insists they are not learning anything at school because they are just there to have fun. Yet she comes home every day and randomly lets me know all the things she has learned: "Mommy, did you know the heart is a muscle? Did you know I can count to 100 by 10s?", etc. Good for you MayMay! I'm glad you aren't learning anything!

So, God is good and He has blessed us beyond measure this week. I can't wait to see what next week will bring.

No comments: