Shutterfly Christmas Card

With Love Chartreuse Christmas Card
Shop Shutterfly for elegant custom Christmas photo cards.
View the entire collection of cards.

Friday, August 8, 2008

School

I have been meaning to come to this blog for some time now. Poor neglected blog. I just get to reading everyone else's blog and then it's so late that I feel like I have to go to sleep. You know, since I have to get up and go to w-o-r-k now. But, I think my audience of one will forgive me.

We've just come in from the pool. It was hot but it felt really good in the shade so I didn't even make it in the water this time. The Alexes played great, as always. Riley and Liv played well too but I have to say, I missed little May May! She was at Ashlyn's...and is actually still there. I called over there to see if they girls wanted to swim but Joel said he thought they were happy playing and he didn't want to interrupt them. I just called again to say we were home but he said they were still doing fine. Whatever! Some peace and quiet!!!

Okay - onto the topic of the day. I know you are all dying to hear about my job. Yikes - it is still weird to say that. So, I went to pre-planning on Monday very nervous. I took the kids and dropped them at the daycare at the school. Even though they were in the same building, it was weird. Anyway, we had meetings all morning but I learned a lot of new info that helped me a lot. I was able to meet some of the new teachers and some of the old teachers that I didn't know already. Even though I've taught there for two years, I've never been required to attend faculty meetings or do anything "official" so after the meetings and the new teacher orientation, I felt much better. I now know all about the fire/tornado drill procedure, the workroom rules, I know all about the Laminating Lady, I know how to use the complicated copier. It was very informative. I was able to start working in my classroom - can you believe I have my own classroom? Yippee! I re arranged the desks, cleaned out my big new teacher desk, cleaned out the shelves and cabinets - man! Mrs. DePue had a lot of junk! I mean a lot. Papers everywhere. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out my lesson plans. I am still not sure about long term LPs because I just don't know what level my students will be. I have a lot of ideas. I have so much at my disposal I just need to pray that my creative juices flow. I went to Orientation last night and met a lot of my students. They were TALL! I was a little intimidated. But I am seriously looking forward to my first day - which thankfully isn't until Tuesday. I have time to get my nails and hair done on Monday. That reminds me, I need to call the place and make an appt.

So, that's all the news. I wish I had some witty banter or funny stories to share but not today. Today is Friday. TGIF! I wish everyday could be Friday.

No comments: