Shutterfly Christmas Card

With Love Chartreuse Christmas Card
Shop Shutterfly for elegant custom Christmas photo cards.
View the entire collection of cards.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

My J-O-B

Hmmm..Blogger Dashboard has changed....must tinker with it...looks like it could be fun!

What's up? It's been a long time. Suffice it to say that the j-o-b is rocking my world. I was just getting used to my new schedule when I added five new classes to my schedule when preschool and kindergarten started. I am not really thrilled with the middle school curriculum that I have and I have been searching and searching for some new and fresh ideas. I ended up finding new Elementary curricula and specifically Grade 4 - which I needed too. I'll have to keep searching for MS. I have really liked my 8th graders. They are a fun bunch of kids. They are loose, laid back, funny, and they know when to snap it together and get down to business. I want to challenge them but still make it fun. They keep telling me that they didn't like Mrs. DePue's teaching and that it was boring. So, I definitely have my work out cut out for me.

Liv is doing awesome in MS. She currently has 100 averages in all of her classes. Okay, I know it's only week 3 but a momma can be proud, right? We received Alex's CRCT scores last week and they really knocked our socks off. He just about aced the entire test. His scores were at the upper end of the "exceeds standard" category. My boy is a genius! But he still can't button his pants and he can barely tie his shoes. God love him, right? Mary is just about reading. She is so excited to sound out words and wants me to read to her all the time. She is such a little firecracker.

Our scary tree fell last week. Right across the driveway. Thank goodness it didn't fall on or near the house! That has always been my fear - ever since we moved here and each time there was a storm. So, I'm glad it is finally gone and there is no longer any danger but the yard does look naked. And I am going to have to figure out what to do w/ the island that is out there now.

I had a rough day today. For some reason, I felt like my kids were exceptionally high maintenance today. They didn't leave me alone for a second. And it's not like I want to be left alone necessarily but the demand for my attention was just overwhelming. And then the misbehaving was almost more than I could stand after a while. And the annoying of the cat got on my last nerve (guess who that was?). So you can see that it was a long day and I missed Jay a lot. But I didn't like to think about where he was because it's almost embarrassing to admit to people that he still does those kinds of things. I keep hoping he'll grow out of these childish, immature activities. And I really hate it that he exposes my kids to it.

Enough social commentary on that topic.

Okay, I finished Eclipse and am now almost done with Breaking Dawn. One word - WOW! The entire series is amazing. I have been riveted since I started the first one (was it only last week?). I decided to let Liv read the third one. I think it's okay but she won't read the last one. Not for a long time. It is very intense.

To Do List:

  • Plan Lisa's baby shower
  • Organize Opt to Shop
  • Plan games for Women's Retreat
  • Host Unity in two weeks and make up a program
  • Lesson Plans every single day
  • My new "job" with Gina (very reluctant about this)

I'm sure I'm leaving something out. *sigh* It will be fine! Life rolls on whether you want it to or not.

No comments: