Shutterfly Christmas Card

With Love Chartreuse Christmas Card
Shop Shutterfly for elegant custom Christmas photo cards.
View the entire collection of cards.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Partied Out

Kid parties are fun but I'm kind of glad that we are done with parties until next year! Of course Jay has a big one in December but if I plan a party for him, I'm sure I won't have to figure out what kind of goody bags to give.

Mary and Ashlyn had their parties this weekend. Ashlyn's was Saturday and Mary's was Sunday. Mary chose a pink poodle theme and wanted everything to be pink (of course). So we had snacks, snacks, and more snacks (don't want anyone to be hungry, right Jay?), and then the cake. I have to say that I was very proud of my cake. I baked it from (Duncan Hines) scratch and decorated it myself. I was really worried when I first started that we were going to have to make an emergency trip to Publix to pick up a cake. Both layers cracked on me when I put them together. The frosting acted like glue, though and kept everything together. I had to make Jay go to the store like 50 times but was able to finish with time to spare. I was able to trace the outline of the pink poodle onto the cake from an enlarged copy of a napkin. The rest I had to do freehand.




So, Mary and 13 or so of her friends enjoyed a HOT afternoon at the pool. What could be better? Oh right - presents! Yes, there were a lot of those!








And she and Hannah took care of opening every last one this morning. We had Barbies, mermaids, polly pocket stuff, littlest Pet Shop, DS games, painting supplies, cards, markers, cash....what else? Lawsy, lawsie! It was a 5 year old funfest. And it won't stop there. Alex Noblett is having his party next weekend - at the pool again. Gotta love the pool!

No comments: